Massage Therapy ~ Restore & Rejuvenate
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body with emphasis on the muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. Massage therapy treatments are therapeutic, non-invasive and improve your overall health and well-being.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
May include increasing blood circulation, reducing swelling, relaxing muscles, relieving muscle pain and spasms, and aid in recovery and range of motion.
- Relieves tired and aching muscles
- Improves posture
- Improves range of motion
- Increased recovery time from injuries and illness
- Reduces mental stress
- Promotes better sleep
- Improves concentration
- Reduces anxiety
- Provides a feeling of well being
- Enhances self image
Massage Therapy is Effective in Treating
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Low back pain
- Migraine & Tension Headaches
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Carpal Tunnel
- Sport injuries
Types of Massage Techniques
- Promotes flexibility to decrease risk of injury
- Improves endurance
- Reduces post workout recovery time
- Offers balance to training regimen
Deep Tissue Massage
- Releases muscle tension
- Provides deep pain relief
- Loosens scar tissue and lengthens muscles
- Good for chronic and overuse injuries
- Relieves a tight area within muscle tissue that causes pain in other areas of the body
- Uses cycles of isolated pressure and release
- Helps naturally manage pain and stress from chronic injuries
***Relaxing techniques and other styles available.
What to Expect on Your First Massage Therapy Treatment
On your first massage therapy treatment you will be required to fill out a short health history. To ensure your massage therapist obtains an accurate health history he/she will ask questions about your health and follow with and assessment.
The massage therapist will then explain what kind of treatment they will provide for you and what to expect following care. Our therapists adhere to strict and professional practice guidelines that ensure your privacy and confidentiality. Although most therapy sessions are conducted in such a fashion that no part of your body is exposed other than that being treated, a therapist can also provide treatment through the sheets if a client is uncomfortable with removing clothing. The massage therapist will then provide care only when you consent to the treatment that has been discussed.
You can book massage therapy treatments for 30mins, 60mins, or 90mins.
*Massage therapy is not covered under private health insurance plans only
Due to the nature of scheduling, we ask that you arrive in a timely manner. In addition, a minimum of 4 hours notice is required to reschedule or cancel appointments. If we do not receive 4 hours notice, or you do not show up for your appointment, you will be charged a late cancellation/no show fee of 1/2 the price of the service.